Health & Fitness Resources
- The California Department of Aging has a dedication page for tips and recommendations on how the at-risk population can stay safe and healthy during the COVID-19 pandemic: California Department of Aging COVID-19 Website.
- 10 things you can do to stay healthy and prevent the spread of COVID-19: Article from the CDC
- A step-by-step guide: Staying Healthy During Lockdown
- Exercise at home using household objects: Video tutorial
- Exercises to maintain balance and strength: 14 Exercises for Seniors
- Sit and Be Fit YouTube channel
- Yoga workouts
- Nutrition Information: This page is a great resource for refocusing your diet habits: NANHA Nutrition for Seniors.
Mental Health Resources
- Friendship Line California: Call toll-free 1-888-670-1360
- California Statewide Peer-Run Warmline: Call toll-free 1-855-845-7415
- 12 Ways to Ease Isolation while Social Distancing from Health in Aging
- How to Fight Social Isolation Loneliness during Coronavirus from AARP
- Sunrise Recreation and Parks has re-opened restrooms at local Citrus Heights parks. Click here to learn more about the parks district, or visit their Virtual Recreation page for active adults.
- Read an eBook, flip through a magazine, or take an online course FREE through the Sacramento Public Library’s Virtual Library.
- Free courses from Open Culture
- Virtually visit 2500 museums & galleries around the world.
- USA Today Games Page, including free Sudoku, crossword puzzles, and more.
- The Hidden Worlds of National Parks virtual tours of National Parks in Alaska, Hawaii, New Mexico, Utah, and Florida.
- Drawing lessons and tutorials with Proko
- The Metropolitan Opera 24 hour stream
- Connect with friends and family using Zoom, an increasingly popular video chat and meeting app. Tutorials on joining a Zoom meeting, scheduling a meeting, and more can be found by clicking here. There is also an informative article from AARP on using Zoom, which includes instructions for joining and hosting meetings, muting, chatting, screen sharing and more. Click here to read the AARP article on Zoom.
- Learn how to connect with others using Skype. This video chat service is easy to use, and you can click here to get started with Skype.
- If you and your friends or family have an iPhone, iPad, or other Apple devices, FaceTime is a great application for video chatting. Click here for a FaceTime tutorial.