Read about the Police Department's mission, core values, and vision statement.
The Chief of Police, who has command oversight and responsibility for the entire Police Department, all of its Divisions, Units, personnel and resources, administers the Office of the Chief. The Chief of Police is an appointed position with the responsibility of hiring, directing, and leading all police personnel and resources. The Chief of Police is appointed by and answers to the City Manager.
The Operations Division is the largest division in the Police Department, and consists of several police units including Patrol, SWAT, Canine, Traffic/Motors, Reserve Program, Field Training, and the Communications Center.
The Special Services Division consists of the General Investigations Unit, IMPACT Team, Records and Data Compliance Unit, the PAL, Explorer, Volunteer and Intern Programs, Code Enforcement, Rental Housing Inspection Unit, and Animal Services Unit.
Need to get a hold of us? There are many ways to reach us online, in person, via telephone, or fax. You can use the various contact forms built into our site or just pick up the phone and give us a call. We’re always happy to help in any way we can.
Event photos, action shot, and team photos.
- Can I remain anonymous when I file a complaint?
- How many vehicles can one person own?
- How are codes enforced?
- I have relatives visiting. Can they stay in their RV in front of our house?
- Can commercial trucks and/or trailers park in a residential neighborhood?
- I have mold in my home, what do I do?
- How do I make a complaint about a city code violation?
- I want to add to my existing driveway (or add a second driveway) by removing a side lawn. Do I need to notify anyone?
- What is an approved parking surface?
- My neighbor has a boat and trailer parked in the driveway. Is this allowed?